Sunday 10 January 2010

A Violent Outbreak of Poetry and Kissing.

We’ve had the usual stuff going on. Including Christmas – very busy in the run up to the day and then the day itself, I worked, 2 didn’t. Malcolm ate Sam’s turkey sandwiches and thrown them up again in the Movies section.

Sam's been doing a far bit of shouting at book sellers and very occasionally customers, usual when asked about Dan Brown. (No we do not have the new book; and no we are not getting it in. Sam is making a stand.)

We’ve had a reading. Local poets, thin dark boy, friend of low’s very immense stuff, jovial lady poet (very Seamus Heaney her words – in that she mentions animals a bit, Sam’s words), handsome but going to seed, regional accented, sexually explicit poet, gazed very intensely at Spider in the dress who went red during his reading. Last act and emergency stand-in was me –doing some favourite poems and, gulp one original piece of work. It was a weirdly popular event to be repeated in February and called Sam’s Scans, even though some of them didn't.

Special events have included Jane’s(S&M Sisters) wedding which involved, the Bride’s sister Emily catching the flowers and giving the vicar an entirely inappropriate kiss; Two having to check the best man Ray, 74 was still alive, yes he was just very, very drunk and the Bride and Groom having written their own vows, which proved educational.

I had a lovely day and the evening was going very well until the bride’s older brother announced that I was a corker and that we should waltz for the rest of the evening. I’m not a great dancer but even so I defy anyone to waltz to Agadoo. Terrence, my ardent elderly paramour was about 4 ft 8 so spend most of the dance buried in my cleavage. Every time we spun round I caught sight of Two laughing at me, however he did eventually rescue me and I was so glad I may have l given him an entirely inappropriate smacker of a kiss. Which proves that one, I really do need to give up champagne and two, its time to start dating again. (I meant other people not Two clearly. He’s my friend and we don’t consider each other that way)

And now here we are 2010 we have new stock in the shop and I promise to blog more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment