Thursday 25 June 2009

Party - the Aftermath.

I still have a headache from the party.
I'm not a girly girl but last Thursday I had something akin to a brain storm and ended up buying an actual dress, red, very feminine , scoop neck with roses on it . My usual work wear is jeans , a pony tail, DMs and a t-shirt covered in dust. So it was a bit of a change. Unaccustomed as I am to going anywhere as a girl, it all took slightly more time to get ready than I thought it would and I was later than I meant to be to the party.


The bonfire was roaring away. Alcohol was flowing and the music was pretty loud. I felt really quite odd facing up to all my friends in a different guise. SH was very complementary and told me if he was only 100 years younger he'd dance me off my feet. Malcolm pretended not to recognize me .
Low said I reminded him of la belle dame sans merci, who ever that is.
Strange Brian , now gallant if rather hairy Brian insisted on presenting me with a rose rather to the annoyance of his lady friend.


Two , well two had his tongue down some blond woman's throat and didn't seem to notice which goes to prove you can't win universal approval .


Still the party was fab Sam had put some pallets down and so we had dancing . Sam proposed his traditional toast to us all and as usual flung his wine on the roots of the old apple tree when he thought we weren't looking . He does it every year , if he doesn't like the wine why pour it ?


I did like the wine which brings me back to the headache.
Two is being very solicitous and has supplied me with bacon sandwiches and tea frequently - he is feeling no ill affects and instead wanders the shop beaming like an errant sunbeam.
It's been a while since I've done any actual book based blog so I'll have a lie down now and get thinking on my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment