Tuesday 30 June 2009

Never Again

That's it - no more wine for me.

Sam's longest day party was a great laugh with customers coming from far and wide (Sam welcomed everyone to the evening, hinting that some of them had come from VERY far away . . . I've no idea where he means or why the crowd gave a knowing laugh) and really enjoying themselves.

I had a glass or two of wine and planned to simply sit back and enjoy the evening.  Despite Minion One's earlier post, I did actually notice her looking very nice in a dress but - and this is why I'm steering clear of the liquidised grape from now on - my attention was drawn to another lass who seemed intent on "easing my troubled soul" (her words)

I'm ashamed to say I didn't catch her name before she latched on to my face and, so it seemed, attempted to drag my troubled soul out of her mouth using her tongue.

The rest of the evening passed in a blur as she plied me with wine and wantonness.  I swear I kept seeing Sam grinning every time he glanced over at me.

By the time the party ended, I'd somehow drifted off to sleep and the somewhat fey lass had vanished along with most of her companions.  I woke to find Malcolm staring at me with a mixture of disdain and disappointment with more than a dash of contempt.  Before I could say anything, he turned and wandered off.

Minion One has been very gracious over the last few days, not really asking questions about my mysterious lady friend, but Sam has done next to nothing except grin and chuckle at me which is more than a little disconcerting.

"Perhaps now you can get back to work instead of mooning around like a love-sick teenager?"  he asked me this morning.  I had to agree that perhaps I could.

Whoever she was, she certainly took my mind off the customer from a couple of months ago . . . but I'm still not going to drink any more wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment