Thursday 5 February 2009

First Internet Sales!

Woohoo !

Great news we had our first internet customers today! Mr H was amazed and then quickly disgruntled. He isn’t entirely sure he is ethically comfortable with people buying his books with out being secretly vetted by himself as he lurks in the stacks or proving their worth by finding the book and retracing their steps to the cash desk, a surprisingly difficult task in Sam Haine’s as the stacks do, I swear, move by themselves at random intervals during the day.

I was once trapped in cosmology for an entire afternoon and was only able to navigate my way out when Malcolm leapt on to the old love seat at the front of the shop, sending up such a smog of dust that he and Minion 2 sneezed repeatedly. Following the sound of these muffled explosions I was able to reach familiar territory. The really weird thing is that in all that time no one heard my cries for help!

At least that is what they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment